South Dakota Defense Lawyer Fights for People Accused of Crimes
Rapid City criminal law attorney dedicated to fairness in litigation
The Law Office of Jamy Patterson, L.L.C. delivers a strong defense for western South Dakota clients against the full range of criminal charges. I am not intimidated by government accusations and will not let you be either. Whether in court or through negotiation, I fight to protect your rights in pursuit of the most successful possible resolution.
An advocate with the experience to challenge felony allegations
The South Dakota criminal code contains nine classifications for felony counts. If you face any of these charges, a strong defense can be the difference between a long sentence and acquittal or a lesser count. That’s why people facing felony allegations in the Rapid City area rely on The Law Office of Jamy Patterson for defense against the following charges:
- Murder and manslaughter — For a first-degree murder conviction, the death penalty can be imposed in South Dakota, so hiring a skilled attorney who has defended clients charged with homicide is vital. I have represented people accused of murder and manslaughter and understand the legal issues and pressure that accompany these cases.
- Burglary and theft crimes — The most serious burglary, robbery and theft counts can carry significant penalties depending on a number of factors. As an experienced defense attorney, I can find holes in the government’s case that others might miss.
- Aggravated assault — Often, even serious assault allegations overlook key information. I will argue strenuously on your behalf if your actions constituted self-defense.
- State Court — I represent people accused of crimes in state court throughout western South Dakota.
- Federal Court — I represent people accused of crimes in federal court in the Western District Court of South Dakota.
- Felonies — Being accused of a felony has serious consequences. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney to fight for you and protect your rights.
- Misdemeanors — Even though being charged with a misdemeanor doesn’t carry the possibility a penitentiary sentence, a misdemeanor can still greatly impact your life. Whatever the outcome in your case, you need to feel you have been represented to the fullest extent of the law. I will fight for you.
- Appellate Advocacy — If you feel you have been wrongfully convicted, you need an experienced attorney to appeal your case. I have argued cases before both the South Dakota Supreme Court and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
No matter how serious your situation is, The Law Office of Jamy Patterson can deliver an effective defense that maximizes your chances at a successful result.
Meticulous legal defense against drunk driving charges
Even a first-time DUI conviction in South Dakota can lead to jail time and the loss of your driver license. This can make getting to work and handling daily tasks difficult if not impossible, so I work very hard on my clients’ behalf to defeat or reduce these charges whenever possible. Defenses can include improper conduct by a police officer or a flawed blood test.
Strong counsel for cases involving alleged drug possession and distribution
Like many states, South Dakota levies a wide range of penalties for drug crimes based on the substance and amount involved. If prosecutors allege that the drugs in your possession exceed the threshold for what the law considers personal use, potential sentences can escalate drastically. The Law Office of Jamy Patterson represents clients aggressively, challenging suspect seizures and fighting against overzealous charges.
Western South Dakota lawyer providing legal support to sex crime defendants
People accused of rape or other sex crimes face heightened scrutiny and public shame that can follow them for the rest of their lives. Even if incorrect or years old, your listing in a sexual offender database can destroy your job opportunities and even your personal relationships. Accordingly, these charges must be defended vigorously and skillfully. I have the ability and experience to handle sensitive questions relating to consent and relationships in an effective, professional manner.
Skilled assistance opposing criminal conspiracy accusations
Conspiracy charges are sometimes brought when sufficient evidence does not exist to prosecute someone for the underlying crime. When authorities try to twist innocent conversations or actions into something sinister, I can help by investigating and presenting the actual nature of what occurred.
Contact a tough Rapid City criminal defense attorney for a free initial consultation
The Law Office of Jamy Patterson, L.L.C. represents clients in criminal law matters throughout western South Dakota. Call (605) 519-5862 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.